Monday, June 9, 2008

Happy Birthday Mia!

Today I am really sad. It is Mia's 2nd birthday and she is not at home with us. I know we will be with her in a week, but it is still hard not being with her today. I asked our adoption agency if they would ask the orphanage to take her picture today, but I was told they do not celebrate birthdays so it would be very unlikely that they would take her picture.
I had planned to send her a care package that she would receive on or around her birthday, but when I found out we were leaving on the 18th just a week after her birthday I decided not to send it.
I have decided to have a birthday party for Mia when she comes home. I ordered her a play kitchen today... Shhh.. don't tell her!

1 comment:

Melita said...

I think it's fantastic that you're still giving her a party! What a great way to introduce her to to extended family and friends :)

And don't worry - I can keep a secret lol