Thursday, May 22, 2008

Washing Machine Possessed~ Happy Anniversary

Today our washing machine went nuts. It just kept running and running and running. The tub over filled. I had water everywhere. I ended up running out in the yard to find the shut off for our water. I couldn't reach the ones behind the tub. I called Jamie and asked him if he wanted to buy his wife a new washer for her anniversary.
Yes today is our 9th wedding anniversary. It was really a crappy day. We went to a friend's to pick up more yard sale stuff... Thanks Nancy and Teresa...
We went to Texas Roadhouse to celebrate our anniversary, and then on to Lowes for my wonderful gift (a new washer.) I noticed that I had a voicemail on my cell, it was Melissa at the adoption agency. (what's wrong was my first thought.) "We are expecting to receive your travel approval (TA) tomorrow. You will be on your way to China on 6/18."
Did she say JUNE, no she couldn't have said JUNE? We don't even have our fingerprint paper.
She said she would call and check on it. I felt really sick to my stomach. I really thought I was going to throw up right there in the Lowes parking lot. It was wonderful news, but I was not ready. I now had to bust my hump to be ready. China is only 25 days away. I am flipping out!!!
Needless to say this is the greatest anniversary present I have ever received

No comments: